Your first visit to one of our osteopaths
The session begins with a consultation. This is where important information is gathered concerning your pain, movement, lifestlye and past medical history. This aspect of the visit is essential in deciding whether you are safe to treat.
Osteopaths are trained to use many of the diagnostic skills which doctors regularly use.
If for any reason John thinks that the cause of your pain is a more serious problem, he ill advise you on the next course of action. (Do not worry, the more serious problems are rare).
One you are safe to treat, you will be asked to undress to your underwear (shorts can be worn).
- A physical examination of your spine and injury will then take place.
- John will explain his findings and the problem to you and advise on the prognosis.
- Specific treatment to the problem found in the case history and assessment.
- Advice given on posture and excercises.
- Advise on how many treatments needed and maintenance treatments to ensure your optimal health is required.